● Detailed documentation and specifications follow:-
S.H.A.D.O. TECHNICAL DOCUMENTATION
The new and upgraded WE4B S.H.A.D.O. R.F Bug Detector is an instrument used to detect hidden bugs using the broad band radio frequency spectrum. The RF receiver has a range from 5MHz to 6.4GHz. A matched antenna is used to detect any RF waves transmitted by hidden R.F. Bugs (Transmitters) used for eavesdropping purposes. The receiver has the capability of handling different band signals with separate antenna inputs, (an external antenna may be connected with main RF tuner input circuit or UP converter or with down converters) the signals received are processed for detecting the presence of any bug signal. The signal frequency and its strength are initially displayed by the standard top panel meter (nb: on the underside, a hidden panel can display further information: i.e. the actual signal strength measurement is displayed in real time by an LED bar graph and other signal characteristics).
The WE4B is able to detect all types of transmissions including NBFM, WBFM, AM, FM, burst transmitter and
video transmitter etc. having signal strengths better than -70dbm. The signals are recorded in real time and available for download for later analysis.
The WE4B S.H.A.D.O. R.F Bug Detector has been carefully designed with cooperation from specialist members of the Harlington-Straker Photographic Department, and unless under very close scrutiny the WE4B displays all the usual characteristics of an industry standard photographic light meter.
1. Rapid detection and location of electronic surveillance devices.
2. Ease of operation, highly effective even with limited training.
3. Silent cover detection and location, “gives you the real advantage over adversaries”.
4. High R.F sensitivity can locate a bug as low as 1 microwatt.
5. Total spectrum coverage from 5 MHz to cover 6.4 GHz
6. “LED Compressed” bar graph covers 20 points.
7. Demodulated audio gain is adjustable.
8. For quick & accurate scanning of frequency spectrum the step size can be selected (50 Khz, 100KHz, 500KHz, 1MHz, 10MHz and 100MHz).
● Omni-directional Yagi Antenna: 5MHz to 2GHz Directional for higher frequencies
● Sound Amplitude Detection Capability: Adjustable all types of transmitters including NBFM, WBFM, AM FM, BURST Transmitters, Audio/ Video Transmitters etc.
● Length: 80 mm ● Width: 52 mm ● Height: 32 mm
● Weight: 320gms
● Total Bandwidth: 5MHz to 6400 MHz (6.4 GHz).
● Main Unit: 48 MHz to 860 MHzUp Convertor: 5 MHz to 47 MHzDown Convertor: 861 MHZ to 2000 MHZ
1800 MHZ to 3200 MHZ ● 3200 MHZ to 6400 MHZ.
● Power Consumption: 0.01 (standby) 2 Watts (max.).
● Operating Temp: -15 to +55 deg C.
● Power supply: 6-12V DC rechargeable.
● Sensitivity: Better than -70dbm.
● Meter display Frequency and Signal Strength in and rev LED: dbm (Bar graph).
● Audio Signal Strength: FM Demodulator Operation: Manually operated: Manual/Auto can be connected to a computer/laptop for auto scanning and graphical print out.
● Step size: 50 KHz, 100 KHz,500 KHz, 1 MHz, 10 MHz, 100 MHz.
Please CLICK on the image opposite/below, or CLICK HERE to download the datasheet for the latest - but redacted- version of the S.H.A.D.O. WE.4B R.F. Bug Detection Meter.
NB: The document is in PDF format.
● IMPORTANT SECURITY NOTICE ●
Please be aware that the technical information for the S.H.A.D.O. Mk.4B R.F. Bug Detector have only recently been declassified, and any and all data is still subject to restrictions.